How business office space is presented to clients and employees plays a crucial role in the success of the business. The office is where employees perform their job duties and usually where business transactions take place; therefore, it must be conducive to meet those purposes. An office space must be functional for employees to work effectively and efficiently and the atmosphere must be appealing to clients.
Finding a Dallas office space that meets both of these criteria is crucial in the developmental stage of a business. Company owners want to be sure that the particular office space they are considering will contribute to the work environment and appeal to their clients. The following are some important criteria that should be considered when planning the perfect office space.
- Budget – The biggest factor to consider when finding the perfect office space is the available budget. In most cases, the cost of the lease or the mortgage constitutes the largest portion of the monthly expenditures for the business. All other smaller expenditures should not be overlooked and need to be incorporated into the monthly company budget. These include things such as: rental fees for office equipment and furniture; maintenance fees; and the monthly energy bill.
- Location – The location of a Dallas office space can make or break a business. It affects both employees and clients, so it must be conducive to both. There are three criteria that must be met when determining the perfect location for a business: accessibility, safety, and employee and client convenience.
- Size of Business – The size of the business is another important aspect that must be taken into consideration when choosing a suitable office space. Other important factors to consider are: number of employees; size of office equipment; need for special areas such as meeting rooms; storage space; and possible future expansion. To avoid any future problems, such as a limited amount of office space that could hinder productivity, all of these things need to be anticipated prior to choosing a Dallas office space.
- Security and Safety – Another factor that makes a perfect office space even better is the availability of security and safety features. When running a business, it is only logical to protect its assets, employees, and clients. The Dallas office space chosen should be well-equipped to provide this by means of: 24-hour security personnel and CCTV monitors; sprinkler system; properly placed fire extinguishers; smoke and fire detectors; and accessible emergency exits.
- Basic Amenities –Important to creating a perfect office space is the availability of basic amenities. Employees spend a large portion of their day at the office. Therefore, it is important that the office space provides the basic necessities to make their day as comfortable and productive as possible. Not only is this important for the needs of the employees; it is also important in accommodating the needs of the customers. Some of these amenities that should come with the office space are: convenient restrooms; climate control; cafeteria or vending machines; and sufficient parking space for both clients and employees.
Planning is essential to finding the perfect Dallas office space. The complicated part is actually locating the office space that meets all of these crucial elements, since competition for such ideal locations is very competitive. Often times, it is crucial to seek help from an experienced commercial real estate broker to keep ahead of the competition. Keep in mind that a little investment in finding the perfect office space can add leverage to a business and will most certainly be beneficial to the company in the long run!