Quality commercial properties that are available for lease or for sale are in high demand. They may be available one day, and occupied the next.
To find a good Dallas office lease and stay ahead of competitors, it is important to find a good commercial real estate agent, one with extensive knowledge of the local property market. There are many real estate companies that provide brokerage services; unfortunately, they are not all created equal. The following are some tips on how to find a good commercial realtor.
- Participate in Open Houses – There is no better way to gauge the quality of a commercial property broker than by seeing that agent in action. Participating in an open house is a subtle way of spotting potential brokers. These events offer an opportunity to see how the real estate agent performs and how well they handle clients.>
- Ask for Recommendations – Another unbiased way to find a commercial property broker is by asking other people, such as friends or relatives, who have recently used the services of a real estate agent. A satisfied client will be more than happy to recommend the services of a qualified broker.
- Check Newspaper Ads – When looking for a realtor who specializes in a particular location, check their local newspapers. Normally, brokerage companies use newspaper ads to list their properties. This approach is a great starting point if one is unfamiliar with the condition of the commercial real estate market of a certain location.
- Search Online – Today, finding a commercial real estate broker has never been easier than with the help of the internet. With search engines like Google or Yahoo all that is necessary is a few finger strokes to type in a keyword such as ‘Dallas office lease‘ and it will produce a list of hundreds of websites of potential listings. The next step then would be to get in contact with that property broker, either in person or via email.
The following are other important criteria that should be considered prior to selecting a realtor and signing a contract to ensure the agent can deliver quality service.
- Familiarity with Local Real Estate Market Trends – The property market trends vary from one location to another. When looking for a realtor, make sure the agent is familiar with the market trend in the desired location. This can be achieved by hiring a local realtor or broker.
- Willingness to Provide Client References – A good real estate agent will not hesitate to provide one or two satisfied clients from previous transactions as a reference. Do not hesitate to ask for client references, and then follow up on those references to learn about the kind of service given by that realtor.
- Providing All Terms and Agreements in Writing – Another extremely important thing to consider are the terms and agreements between the client and real estate agent. The terms should be stipulated clearly in the contract for a painless transaction.
When looking for a real estate agent to help in the search for a Dallas office lease, always keep in mind that the quality of the office space will only be as good as the property broker who finds the right location. That is why it is so important to find a good commercial realtor, one who can locate property to fit the needs of their clients!